How to Pick the Right Pest Control Insulation for Your Home
If you live in a cold climate, your primary focus for choosing insulation may be to keep your home warm. Still, you should consider how well the insulation works for pest control. Rodents and bugs can make their way into your home through the attic or other wall cavities with access to insulation. You’ll need to take the proper steps to eliminate these pests if you have an infestation.
Choosing insulation with pest-control properties can keep your home safe from unwanted visitors and save money. Here’s why investing in pest control solutions is essential.
1. Pests Create a Fire Hazard
Rodents and other pests can create a fire hazard. As they chew through electrical wires and damage insulation, your home may be at risk of an electrical fire. The best way to prevent these hazards is to ensure all openings to your home are sealed. Proper insulation can protect your home from infestations and save the headache that comes with property damage.
2. Pests Present a Risk of Disease
Many pests carry diseases, which can be a health risk to you and your family. Mice and squirrels can carry toxoplasmosis, a disease caused by parasites that can infect humans and lead to hospitalization. Bats and rats may carry leptospirosis, a bacterial infection that causes flu-like symptoms such as chills and ever.
3. Damage from Pests Can Be Costly
You will be left with repair costs when rodents chew through walls, wires, and insulation. Pests can also cause significant damage to your home, requiring costly repairs. Investing in services from a Tulsa insulation installer can save you money in the long run by preventing property damage that needs repairs.
Different Types of Pest Insulation
Installing pest-resistant insulation can save you significant money in the long run. When deciding which type of insulation to choose, you have three main options:
- Spray Foam Insulation is made from a form of isocyanate and polyol resin. As the chemicals are sprayed, they automatically expand to fit in the particular area, creating an airtight seal. This type of insulation is both affordable and effective. It can also save you money on your energy bill over time.
- Cellulose Insulation is one of the most popular products used by homeowners. It’s made from recycled plant elements, such as post-consumer paper, mixed with chemicals to make it fire-resistant. This is one of the most popular pest control options because boric acid prevents insects and bugs from entering your home.
- Polyurethane Foam Insulation can also prevent pests from entering your home. The rigid form of this insulation prevents pests from being able to build nests in your home. It can be installed as a coating, adhesive, or foam.
Contact Midwest Pest Control to Discuss Your Options with a Tulsa Insulation Installer
If you’re looking to add affordable pest control insulation to your home, we’re here to help. Contact our experts at Midwest Pest Control today to discuss your options and find the right insulation for your home.